Why Homeowners Should Schedule HVAC Maintenance Visits Before Fall and Winter
The HVAC system may have run perfectly all summer long. Yet, once autumn and winter hit, matters could change. The HVAC system could have a hard time heating the entire home. The home’s indoor air quality could take a turn for the worse––leaving homeowners sneezing and coughing around the clock.
This is why homeowners need to schedule end-of-year maintenance visits before it’s too late. The longer one waits, the busier local businesses become with appointments and other obligations. One doesn’t want to wait weeks for an HVAC company to diagnose a problem. They want to ensure a functioning HVAC system before winter comes.
The Many Benefits of Maintaining the Heater
- A longer lifespan. The U.S. Department of Energy notes that HVAC systems generally last for 15 years. With maintenance, one can make their system last even longer. They can also reduce the likelihood of problems that come with inevitable wear and tear.
- Catching small problems. Some small problems may not seem like a big deal right now. However, these problems can worsen when the HVAC system “kicks into high gear” during the latter half of the year. A professional can keep these problems from arising and keep everything in working order.
- Lower energy bills. When the HVAC system works harder than it has to, this can lead to higher-than-normal energy bills. This can quickly strain one’s wallet––the last thing anyone wants during the holiday season.
What Does a Heating Maintenance Professional Do?
- Lubricate the system. An HVAC system has a lot of moving parts. When not properly lubricated, parts can wear down and need constant replacement. The system may also struggle to maintain the ideal in-home temperature.
- Change the air filter. EnergyStar notes that homeowners should change their HVAC system’s air filter once every three months. The system’s air filters maintain the home’s temperature. A maintenance professional can check the system’s air filter and determine whether it needs replacing.
- Check the system’s connections. Any loose connection in a gas, electrical, or water-powered system can have disastrous results. It can lead to fires, health problems, and other complications––all of which can be avoidable if caught in time.
As noted, HVAC systems generally last 15 years. If one’s system is older, a professional may suggest getting a new unit.
It’s Never Too Early to Consider an HVAC Maintenance Visit
Right now, the HVAC system may work perfectly. However, when temperatures dip below 50 degrees, matters may change. With this in mind, it’s never too early to consider scheduling an annual HVAC maintenance visit. By ensuring the HVAC system is working properly, one can avoid discomfort when the first cold front of the year blows in. They can also avoid burst pipes, high energy bills, and frustration.
About Altas Home Service
Atlas Home Service knows that HVAC maintenance is a year-long endeavor. That’s why, for pennies a day, homeowners can sign up for their membership plan. This gives members access to exclusive offers not afforded to first-time customers. For more information on HVAC services in Alexandria, LA, one can call today to learn more .